SSI OPEN WATER INSTRUCTEUR
Many divers dream of becoming a dive professional, working as a dive instructor in some exotic location. No wonder, it is a great life combining the sport you love with building a career as a dive professional. If this is the sort of life that attracts you then you have
come to the right place.
The highlight on any dive professional’s career is the day they become an Open Water Instructor (OWI). You may go on to other higher instructor ratings, but you will never forget the day you first become an OWI. The process of becoming an SSI Instructor involves attending an ITC for two weeks. This course is run by SSI approved Instructor Training Centers and administered by an SSI approved Instructor Trainer (IT).
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- Certification Must be at least Dive Master
- At least 75 logged open water dives
- if you are form other company we do x-over first
Duration of the course:
The ITC course lasts 14 days and is designed to prepare you for the Instructor Evaluation that will take place at the end of the course. The course is designed to provide candidates with the knowledge, concepts and training necessary to organize and conduct entry-level scuba training courses. Candidates will learn the SSI Teaching System and philosophy, and how to effectively teach and evaluate Open Water Diver students. Once you are certified as an SSI Open Water Instructor you will be qualified to teach open water students anywhere in the world at any registered SSI Dive Centre.
The number of courses, hours and sessions per day are set by the Instructor, according to the needs of the candidates, their abilities and the water conditions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for a quote.
+34 615 302 507
When registering, applicants must complete the Training Record:
- The understanding convention
- The risk recognition form for professionals
- Dive Professional SSI accreditation
All candidates participating in a professional-level training must provide the following documents before obtaining their certification:
* The signed RSTC medical declaration dating less than one year by a certified diving doctor.
* Proof of training of First Aid RCP less than two years old.
* Proof of training OXYGENE PROVIDER for less than two years or equivalent.
* Pro Certificate of Liability Insurance from DAN (or equivalent)
Cost of the course:
Instructor Training Course «1900€ TTC / pers. »Including:
- Kit SSI Instructor numeric
- Set Cue-Cards.
- Registration on MYSSI digital platform
- The digital course "Dive Pro SSI ITC" viewable online via MYSSI
- The offline application DiveSSI (IOS or Android)
- 2 years of dive log
- SSI training with a Trainer Instructor SSI
Connect to (In English):
* We return the registration form by post or mail 4 weeks before the session, accompanied by a deposit of 900 €, which will correspond to the order of your educational kits SSI.
* 1st day of the course:Payment of the balance and administrative management of the candidate file (if you have not already sent them),
Documents to provide:
* ID with 1 photo
* Copy of your valid Pro Liability Pro
* Copy medical certificate,
* Copy of cart level to validate specialties (NITROX, navigation, deep, nights)
* Copy of your dive log justifying at least 5 dives that you have supervise to validate specialties (NITROX, navigation, deep, nights)
* First aid diploma and all additional files must be sent 2 weeks before the start of the session, by e-mail or by post to the diving center.
** The deposit will not be refunded, this correspond to the order your SSI educational kits.